1. Experienced degreed teachers who are certified Montessori professionals and Washington early childhood certified.
2. Family Owned and very low Student-Teacher ratios compared to most commercial centers
3. Evidence-based and Systematic Social-Emotional Curriculum
4. Freshly made meals and snacks included (Of course, we choose organic ingredients as top options)
5. We value relationships between children, staff, families, and the community. These relationships play a formative role in the lives of children
Authentic Montessori Curriculum (3-year cycle)
Children who complete the three-year cycle (exploration, experimentation, and expertise) curriculum will gain the most benefit. Grace and Courtesy helps children to understand polite social norms and manner, Practical Life activities develop both independence, coordination, and concentration skills, Sensorial materials refine children's senses from visual to stereognosis, Language materials develop speaking, writing, phonics, and reading skills. Math materials build fundamental mathematical concepts. Additionally, it reflects on human understanding of geography, history, biology, science, and the arts.
Social-emotional learning focuses on the following four areas
1. Skills for Learning: Children gain skills to help them be better learners, including how to focus their attention, listen carefully, and ask for help.
2. Empathy: Children learn to identify and understand their own and others’ feelings. Children also learn how to show care for others.
3. Emotion Management: Children learn how to calm down when they have strong feelings, such as worry or anger.
4. Friendship Skills and Problem Solving: Children learn how to make and keep friends and to solve problems with others in a positive way.
Music & Dance: Research has proven that the power of music and dance enhances children's executive function competency, improve confidence, strengthens learning capabilities, and develops motor skills.
Yoga: Like Montessori Education, Yoga and meditation is a process of discovery. They can help children develop body awareness, and managing stress through breathing, awareness, meditation, and healthy movement.